Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How to Memorize Scriptures ...

Step #1 -- How to memorize scriptures -- Divide the Bible verse into parts, like this -- Take this scripture, for example:

John 14:6 (King James Version)

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Step #2 -- First part: “Jesus saith unto him” -- repeat this however many times you need to (for me, sometimes I have to repeat parts of scriptures many, many, many times!)

Step #3 -- Second part: “I am the way” -- Repeat xtimes, then back up and say the 1st part several times, then say the 2nd part several times, then say 1st and 2nd part together several times.

Step #4 -- 3rd part: “the truth, and the life” -- repeat xtimes, then say 1st part, 2nd part, and 3rd part. If necessary, repeat each part separately, then together, until you can say all these 3 parts correctly.

Step #5 -- 4th part: “No man cometh unto the Father, but by me” -- Repeat as many times as necessary, then repeat 1st part, 2nd part, 3rd part, until you have those parts memorized. Then say all four parts together. If still having problems, go through the process all over again.

Step #6 -- It will get a little easier than at first. You will get this Bible verse (and more!) memorized, if you break the verse(s) into parts, and memorize each part separately, then add the parts, until you have the verse(s) memorized.

I memorized 283 Bible verses when I was a new Christian, and all in the King James Version! I can’t quote all of those scriptures exactly, but those scriptures are still in my heart ....

And I can find most of those scriptures when they come to mind easily, which helps when studying the Bible, listening to teachers, or sharing my faith ....

No comments:

Post a Comment